Mandatory Safety Requirements
All vehicles must meet the following mandatory safety requirements in order to be registered.
- ROLL BAR OR METAL TOP
- SEAT BELT FOR EACH OCCUPANT.
- FUNCTIONAL EMERGENCY BRAKE OR MICO-LOCK.
- MUFFLER(S) – NO OPEN HEADERS.
- FIRE EXTINGUISHER.
ADDITIONAL “RECOMMENDED” SAFETY EQUIPMENT
- FIRST AID KIT.
- TOW ROPE, STRAP, CABLE OR CHAIN.
- SERVICEABLE SPARE TIRE (within 2” Diameter of Vehicle Tires)
- CB RADIO
WHIP ANTENNAS MUST BE REMOVED OR TIED DOWN (They are Hazardous to Bystanders in the Safari Terrain )
NO MOTORCYCLES — NO DUNE BUGGIES — NO ATVs/QUADS
Emergency Medical Help – 911
Imperial County Sheriff Dispatch 760-339-6311
Registration is per off-road vehicle and includes one raffle ticket. Camping in the open area is free. You can have as many people in your off-road vehicle as allowed by law.